Transfer contacts and media files from Windows Phone to iPhone
So, you’re finally ready to change your Windows Phone and join the growing ranks of Apple iPhone, huh? With great design, laudable hallmarks of the latest iOS operating system, and robustness of the App Store, Apple iPhone especially Plus size of iPhones are growing more popular.
However, switching from a Windows Phone to an iPhone can not be so easy. You need to transfer all of your contacts from Windows Phone to your new iPhone 6s/6s Plus. Putting them one by one? Obviously, it’s nearly impossible if you have hundreds of contacts stored on your Windows Phone. Is there an easy way transfer all the photos and videos you’ve captured to the new phone? Should I have to download all my music again?
In this post, we will introduce the easiest and fastest way you can rely on to simply your transfer process. The step-to-step instruction on how to switch from Windows Phone to iPhone 6S/6S Plus will save much of your precious time. It isn’t a difficult task to move large numbers of contacts between Windows Phone and iOS device anymore with just a desktop app – Phone Switch, which empowers you to transfer all of your contacts, photos, videos and music from Windows Phone (such as Nokia Lumia) to iOS device (iPhone 6S/6S Plus) with just a click.
When transferring contacts, it can not just transfer names and numbers, but also job title, email address, company name, and more. Besides, this desktop phone transfer application now support content transfer between phones running iOS, Android (compatible with Android 7 Nougat. In one word, it is a must-have application when you’re upgrading and switching phones, regardless of the platform where the data originated from.
To get started with the transition, download the Windows or Mac version and follow the steps below.
Part 1: Transfer Photos, Videos, Music from Windows Phone to iPhone
Step 1. Install and run phone transfer on your desktop
Double click the archive to install and launch MobileTrans on your computer. This phone transfer program will show you the primary window as below. Just choose and click “Switch” to transfer data from Win Phone to iPhone.
Step 2. Connect Windows Phone and iPhone 6S (Plus)
Connect both your Windows Phone and iPhone to your computer via USB cables.
From the 4 main functions: "Phone to Phone Transfer", "Restore from Backup", "Back Up Your Phone" and "Erase Your Old Phone", go to Phone to Phone Transfer. You can switch the source and destination phones by clicking the Flip button in the middle of the program.
Step 3. Transfer Photos, Videos and Music Files from Windows Phone to iPhone
Select the media files you would like to move over to your new iPhone 6S, like Photos, Videos and Music files. Then click Start Transfer to begin the process. Keep both phones connected during the transfer process.
Note: This phone transfer software supports directly transfer music, photos, videos between Windows phone and iPhone. For migrating Windows Phone contacts to iPhone, you need to firstly back the contacts up to Onedrive. Then use Mobiletrans to restore the backed up contacts to iPhone.
Part 2: Transfer contacts from Nokia Lumia Windows Phone to iPhone
If you need to transfer Contacts from your old Nokia Lumia Windows phone to iPhone, you can sync your Windows phone contacts to a Microsoft Account such as Outlook.com, Hotmail.com, or Live.com firstly. Then use iOS Transfer to import Windows Phone contacts to iPhone.
First, Sync the Windows Phone contacts to a Microsoft account
1. To sync your WinPhone contacts to a Microsoft account, open the People app on the Windows Phone, tap “…” at the bottom, then tap “settings”.
2. Scroll down to “accounts” and tap “add an account”.
3. From the next screen select “Microsoft account”, sign in your Microsoft account by enterring your Outlook.com or Hotmail.com email address and password.
NOTE: if you don’t already have an Outlook.com account, you can create one from here.
4. Your Windows Phone contacts will be automatically pushed to the newly-created Microsoft account.
5. On the PC, open a web browser window, navigate to https://login.live.com and sign in with your Microsoft account username and password.
6. Once in your account, navigate to “People”
6. The Windows Phone contacts are loaded up in the address book of your Microsoft account. Select all or part of the contacts by checking the box.
7. Click “Manage > Export to Outlook.com and other services”.
8. Then a CSV file containing all the Windows Phone contacts will be downloaded to a PC folder of your choice.
Next, import the Windows Phone contacts to iPhone
After sync all your Lumia account to Microsoft account, now you can easily transfer these OneDrive backup contacts to your iPhone device with help of the dr.fone Toolkit iOS Transfer function.
Download this iOS Toolkit if you haven’t get it.
1. Launch and select “Transfer” function module.
2. Then connect your iPhone which you would like to transfer contacts to. Enter contact management panel by clicking Information tab on the top menu.
3. Now click Import icon and select “from CSV File”.
4. Navigate to the folder on your PC where you saved the CSV file containing the Windows Phone contacts and click “Open”.
The contacts are now imported to the iPhone.
After that, all your contacts, videos, photos and music files on Nokia Lumia Windows Phone is moved over to your new iPhone 6S/6S Plus. Just enjoy your new iOS device.
Transfer contacts from Lumia to Android in 1 click!
- Easily transfer photos, videos, calendar, contacts, iMessages and music from Lumia to iPhone.
- Enable to transfer from HTC, Samsung, Nokia, Motorola, iPhone and more to iPhone X/8/7/6S/6 (Plus)/SE/5S/5C/5/4S/4/3GS that run iOS 11/10/9/8/7/6/5.
- Works perfectly with Apple, Samsung, HTC, LG, Sony, Google, HUAWEI, Motorola, ZTE, Nokia and more smartphones and tablets.
- Fully compatible with major providers like AT&T, Verizon, Sprint and T-Mobile.
- Fully compatible with Windows 10 or Mac 10.12