Sync Mac with Android Device
SyncMate is an excellent Android Sync manager for Mac users to sync Mac contacts, calendars, folders, images, music, videos and even more with Android phone and tablet.
SyncMate offers you convenient way of managing Android messages – you can read, create, send or delete them right on your Mac!
- Sync Mac Contacts & Calendars with your Android; (Free)
- Sync incoming, outgoing or missed calls of your Android cellphone with Mac; (Expert)
- Sync Music, images, videos on Mac to Android; (Expert)
- Manage Android SMS from your Mac, text, send, export; (Expert)
- Sync folders between Mac and Android; (Expert)
- Mount Android as a Mac disk! (Expert)
- Support HTC Sync, Galaxy sync, LG sync, Samsung sync, or Motorola Droid sync;
Compatible with Android 4.x-6.x devices and iOS 5.x-9.x devices; Requires OS X 10.8.5 and later
Sync Mac with Android:
Sync your Android phone or tablet with Mac: personal data, media files, folders, bookmarks – all of that and even more can be synced between Mac and Android. Besides syncing, you can mount your Android Mac disk, manage Android SMS on Mac, view call history, and lots more.
- Contacts (Free)
- Calendars (Free)
- Background Sync (Free)
- Folders (Expert)
- SMS (Expert)
- Call History (Expert)
- Bookmarks (Expert)
- iPhoto (Expert)
- iTunes (Expert)
- Reminders (Expert)
- Mount disc (Expert)
- AutoSync (Expert)
- Music (Expert)
- Backup (Expert)
How to sync your Mac with Android phone or tablet?
Step 1:Download Android Sync Tool and install
Download SyncMate Free edition on your Mac.
While Free version will sync contacts and calendars between your Mac and Android, SyncMate Expert version allows you to sync music, playlists, videos, images, folders on Mac with Android. Then you will need to upgrade your free version to Expert Edition to access to more sync options.
Step 2: Connect your Android with Mac
After launching SyncMate, you can choose the most preferable way of Mac and Android device connection. SyncMate allows you to synchronize with Android device connected to your Mac via USB cable, Wi-Fi or Bluetooth.
- Click "Add New" option in the left panel of the main window.
- Select "Android Device" connection:
- Choose the connection type:
- Set connection type (USB in this case):
- SyncMate module for Android will be installed automatically on your device if you connect it to Mac via USB cable. However, you can install it from Google Play as well.
- Make sure SyncMate module is launched and turned on.
To connect your device to Mac via USB cable, you should enable “USB debugging” mode on your Android device. Learn how to turn on USB Debugging Mode Android.
- USB Connection: Before of USB connecting, you should have "USB debugging" mode enabled on your Android device to ensure successful connection (Menu –> Settings –> Applications –> Development –> USB debugging).
- Wi-Fi Connection: As to choose to connect Android device via Wi-Fi, Wi-Fi should be enabled on your device(tick "Wi-Fi Sync" checkbox). Also make sure that SyncMate module on your device is launched.
- Bluetooth Connection: Make sure, that Bluetooth is enabled on your device (tick "Bluetooth" checkbox).
Step 3: Choose files or Folders to sync
Press "+" button in the top panel and choose the corresponding item you want to sync from the plugins list. Then specify sync parameters.
SyncMate Free edition allows you syncing contacts and calendar between Mac and Android device, read Android messages on your Mac (SMS Reader plugin).
With SyncMate Expert version you can sync Safari bookmarks, favorite music and videos, photos, Folders and more, along with create, delete, send and search Android text messages right from your Mac with SMS Manager plugin (messages can be exported to TXT, CSV or HTML) and sync Mac with Android phone automatically.
Moreover, you can mount your Android phones and tablets as additional Mac disks and browse their content on Mac directly. You can mount your Android device via USB, Wi-Fi or Bluetooth.
Step 4. Just Sync Mac with your Android device
We’re almost there! 🙂 Now just click "Sync" button and your data will be sync between Mac and your Android phone or tablet.
You can sync your Mac with even more devices!
SyncMate can also sync your Mac with Windows Mobile, BlackBerry devices or Nokia S40 phones, other Macs and Windows PCs, Sony PSP, any mounted storage devices, MTP devices, Dropbox and Google accounts, iCloud, Yahoo!, iPhones, iPads, iPods Touch or Nano. Make all your devices work in sync!